10 Important Ways to Improve your Immunity to reduce risk of Coronavirus Infection
Improve your Immunity:- As on 14.04.2020, Coronavirus has infected more than 1,930,000 people and claimed more than 120,000 death. while the whole world is grappling with dangers this virus poses to mankind, it is crucial to practice basic hygiene methods and also incorporate certain ways to boost your immune system to protect yourself.
People with underlying health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, hypertension, and respiratory issues as well as older people are considered to be at an increased risk of contracting coronavirus due to weakened immunity.
The ways to improve your immune system against coronavirus.
- Have a healthy diet:- The food you consume as a part of your daily diet plays a key role in determining your overall health. Eat a healthy balanced diet that includes foods such as bell peppers, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish, nuts and spices to help build resilience in your body against infections as they are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Exercise daily:- Engaging in physical activity is important to build immunity, improve metabolism and keep your mind and body fit. Try doing low-impact exercises indoors like skipping ropes, swimming, lifting weights for 30 to 45 minutes with available resources
- Get More Sleep:- Sleep is necessary to strengthen the immune system. If you are sleep-deprived, it can suppress your immunity which means you will be more likely to contract the virus and less sleep will also impair your brain activity. Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep daily at night.
- Drink plenty of water:- Hydrating your body is important to help flush out the toxins from the body and increase your immunity. Dehydration causes the body to have low immunity because it lowers the overall volume of blood and lymphatic fluids that are necessary for healthy immune system response. So, drink up to 8-10 glasses of water or you can go for healthy alternatives like fruit juices, vegetable juices, and coconut water
- Practice Meditation:- Stressing out too much or getting anxious about the ongoing situation can have a negative impact on your health. Too much stress can release the stress hormone cortisol, which impairs your body’s immunity response towards fighting infections.
- Maintain a healthy weight:- Excess weight can turn the body’s natural defence system against you and lead to chronic diseases linked to overweight and obesity. So, maintain a healthy weight in order to boost your immune system.
- Avoid Drinking and smoking:- Following unhealthy lifestyle habits such as smoking, vaping and drinking will weaken your immunity. Smoking lowers the lung capacity and destroys the healthy cells that line your respiratory tract, these cells help to fight viruses that enter through the nose.
- Limit Sugar Intake:- Decrease the intake of refined carbohydrates as they contain added sugars that may contribute to obesity and overweight. And it will also increase inflammation and the risk of other chronic health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Eat Probiotic-rich foods:- Probiotic-rich foods such as yogurt, kimchi, kefir, and sauerkraut are rich in beneficial bacteria, which upon consumption will keep your digestive tract healthy, thereby boosting your immune system.
- Get enough sunlight:- Sunlight is a good source of vitamin D, an essential vitamin that helps regulate the immune system. The body naturally produces vitamin D when exposed to sunlight.
Immunity system plays an important role in coronavirus fight. So, try to improve your Immunity system power.